Tuesday 21 February 2012

Bananas About Pancakes

Something I have been almost overdosing on here in Australia is bananas. They are cheap, super good, and tend to keep you full longer than any other fruit. Bananas are an excellent source of vitamin B6 and also contain some vitamin C, manganese and potassium. I think not a day has gone by so far that I haven't had at least one banana. When you eat them this much, you really want to change things up every once in a while. Now, as it happens, I was in Indonesia last year for a month, and had banana pancakes for breakfast quite a lot during that time. Nowadays, when I don't really want to have anything to do with wheat, and try to avoid a lot of other cereals as well, I haven't had any banana pancakes in a long time. That is, until I discovered how to make a cereal-free version. Oh happy day! 
So what you need for about 2 pancakes is as follows:
1 banana
4 eggs (two with yolk, and two without)
cinnamon
salt
olive oil

Simply mash the banana, add the eggs, cinnamon and salt, blend, and fry them all up, using the olive oil (or any other vegetable oil you might prefer)
Remember to use 100% organic cruelty free eggs!



A simple yet delicious breakfast for lazy mornings!

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment