Monday 28 November 2011

Nut and seed milk

Yesterday I made some almond milk with my new blender, delicious. It's a great alternative to milk and can be used on muesli, porridge, or to make hot chocolate, just to name a few ideas. Today I bought a funnel and washed a couple of glass bottles, which I'm going to use for my milk in the future. Tomorrow I'm making hemp seed milk, and I can't wait to try out other nuts and seeds too. Here's how to do it (you need a blender):





Almond milk

ca 3 dl whole organic almonds
ca 1 litre water

Optional, to taste:
natural vanilla
cinnamon
agave syrup
salt

Rinse the almonds in a sieve and soak them in a bowl overnight. In the morning, dispose of the soaking water and rinse the almonds in a sieve until the water is clear. Put them in a blender with a litre of water, adding the potential spices and sweetener. Mix until white and milky. Use a dense sieve or thin fabric to remove the almond residue while pouring into a jug or bottle. The residue can be saved (e.g frozen) for later use in cakes or smoothies.

The milk keeps for 2-3 days in the fridge.

Other nuts and seeds might be used in a similar fashion, perhaps with varying amounts. It is best to test your way into finding your own preference.

It really is this easy!


<3, Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment