Thursday 22 September 2011

Dessert success


Yesterday my mom, older sister and me had a raw Mexican fiesta, and it was super good. Everything was raw and vegan, except for the tortillas and nachos. We had nachos with guacamole, followed by raw burritos, which were delish, after I had to run to the store to get us some new tortillas, as the gluten free ones I'd bought at first tasted like toothpaste. I kid you not. 
Anyhow, this all led to all of us being so full there was no room for the planned dessert, so I decided to make that for me and my mom today. I got the recipe from my raw food book, by Erica Palmcrantz. Obviously the recipe involves no flour and no dairy, but somehow it manages to still be super good. All you need is some brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, lemon juice, honey and berries. I actually wonder is it would be better with maple syrup, I'm gonna have to try that and get back to you. Soak the nuts for at least two hours, then blend everything except for the berries, and enjoy!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment